Rib Roast with Red Wine Au Jus
Copper Chef XL
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Rub the meat with the olive oil and season generously with the salt and pepper.
3. Place the roast onto the rack of a Copper Chef XL, fat side up, and cook until an insert read thermometer registers 125 when inserted into the thickest part of the meat.
4. Turn the broiler on and cook to crisp the fat, about 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the roast onto a cutting board and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
6. Remove the rack. Drain the grease, leaving behind any other drippings.
7. Add the butter to the Copper Chef XL and melt over medium heat.
8. Add the shallots and cook for two minutes.
9. Add the thyme and cook 1 minute more.
10. Add the wine and beef stock. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 20 minutes.
11. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
12. Cut the prime rib in between the bowls and serve with the red wine jus.