Copper Chef XL
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. In a small bowl, combine the sage, rosemary, garlic, orange zest, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes and 1/4 of the olive oil. stir to combine.
3. Place the pork shoulder onto a cutting board, skin side down. Season generously with salt and pepper. Spread the rub evenly over the meat.
4. Roll the pork up and fasten with twine.
5. Place the roast onto a rack in a Copper Chef XL.
6. Drizzle the pork with the remaining olive oil and rub to coat.
7. Season generously with salt and pepper.
8. Roast for 2 hours.
9. Pour the lager over the pork.
10. Cook for another 4 hours, basting every 20 minutes or so.
11. Remove the roast from the oven; rest for 10 minutes.
12. Pour the sauce into gravy boat.
13. Slice the porchetta into 1/4” rounds and serve with the pan sauce.