Maui Sweet Onion Short Ribs
Power Quick Pot
Power Quick Pot
1 1⁄4 cupBrown Sugar
1 cupSoy sauce
1⁄2 cuprice vinegar
1 tablespoonhot sauce
2Vidalia onions, cut into 1-in. wedges & roots intact
4 clovesgarlic, peeled & smashed
12-in. piece ginger, sliced thinly
4 poundsbone-in short ribs, cut into 3 1⁄2-in. pieces
1 cupthinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- Combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, and hot sauce in a small bowl and whisk together to make the sauce.
- Place the Inner Pot in the Power Quick Pot.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger, and short ribs to the Inner Pot. Pour the sauce over the short ribs.
- Place the Lid on the Power Quick Pot and turn the Lid counterclockwise. The Lid will lock and the Pressure Release Valve will close.
- Press the Pressure Button and then the Program Dial to con rm the Custom setting. Press the Timer Button, scroll to set the cooking time to 90 mins., and press the Program Dial to begin the cooking cycle.
- When the timer reaches 0, the Power Quick Pot will automatically switch to Keep Warm. Press the Cancel Button. Let the Power Quick Pot sit to naturally release pressure. Then, slide the Steam Release Switch to the Open position. When the steam is released, remove the Lid.
- Remove the ribs, onions, and ginger with a slotted spoon, place them on a plate, and cover the plate with foil to steam.
- Skim the fat off the remaining liquid in the Inner Pot.
- Drizzle the liquid over the ribs, onion, and ginger, garnish with the scallions, and serve with vegetables or rice.