French Onion Soup
Copper Chef XL
1. Preheat Broiler.
2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a Copper Chef XL over medium heat.
3. Add the onions and cook, tossing often until caramelized, about 25 minutes.
4. Deglaze the pan with the wine and cook until reduced, about 2 minutes.
5. Add the thyme and cook until fragrant, one minute more.
6. Add the beef broth and bring to a simmer.
7. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
8. Top with the garlic croutons and then layer the entire top with the swiss.
9. Broil until the cheese is melted and begins to caramelize.
10. Serve immediately.