Corned Beef and Cabbage
Copper Chef 9.5 inch Deep Square Pan
4 poundscorned beef brisket
1 teaspoonblack peppercorns
1 teaspoonground allspice
1 teaspoonmustard seed
12 ouncescan beer
2 clovesgarlic, minced
1 poundcarrots cut into large chunks
1 poundbaby potatoes, halved
1large cabbage, rinsed, quartered
- Place the corned beef into a Copper Chef 9.5 inch Deep Square Pan.
- Add the peppercorns, allspice, mustard seeds, bay leaves and beer.
- Add enough water to cover the meat.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and thyme.
- Add more water to cover the vegetables.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, cover and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer the corned beef and vegetables to a serving platter and cover with aluminum foil.
- Add the cabbage to the liquid and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rye bread and mustard.