Chicken & Chickpea Masala
Power Quick Pot
- Place the Inner Pot in the Power Quick Pot.
Press the Sauté Button and then the Program Dial to con rm the Beef setting. Press the Program Dial again
to con rm the default setting and begin the cooking cycle (340° F/170° C for 20 mins.).
- Add the butter to the Inner Pot and heat until the foaming subsides.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook while stirring until pale brown (about 5 mins.).
- Add the cumin, paprika, coriander, turmeric, ground cayenne pepper, and ground black pepper and stir frequently until aromatic (about 30 secs.).
- Add the tomatoes and spinach, place the Glass Lid on the Power Quick Pot, and cook while stirring occasionally until the spinach is wilted (about 1 min.).
- Add the chicken pieces, stock, and 1⁄4 cup cilantro.*
Place the Lid on the Power Quick Pot and turn the Lid counterclockwise. The Lid will lock and the Pressure
Release Valve will close.
- Press the Pressure Button and then the Program Dial to con rm the Custom setting. Press the Timer Button, scroll to set the cooking time to 15 mins., and press the Program Dial to begin the cooking cycle.
- When the timer reaches 0, the Power Quick Pot will automatically switch to Keep Warm. Press the Cancel Button. Let the Power Quick Pot sit to naturally release pressure. Then, slide the Steam Release Switch to the Open position. When the steam is released, remove the Lid.
- Press the Sauté Button and then the Program Dial to con rm the Beef setting. Press the Program Dial again to con rm the default setting and begin the cooking cycle (340° F/170° C for 20 mins.).
- Add the heavy cream, chickpeas, and lemon juice and simmer while stirring frequently until the sauce is thickened.
13. Season with the salt, garnish with the rest of the cilantro, and serve immediately.