Bourbon Bread Pudding
Power Quick Pot
Power Quick Pot
7 cups1/2 in. dense bread cubes
3⁄4 teaspoonspure vanilla extract
3⁄4 teaspoonsGround Cinnamon
1⁄8 teaspoonKosher Salt
1⁄8 tablespoonfreshly grated nutmeg
1 1⁄4 cuphalf and half
2 tablespoonsmelted butter
1 1⁄2 cupwater
1⁄3 cupHeavy Cream
1⁄8 teaspoonVanilla Extract
- Combine the bourbon and raisins in a small bowl and soak for 10 mins.
- While the raisins soak, place the bread cubes in a mixing bowl.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a separate bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and half and half to the bowl with the egg and whisk together while drizzling in the melted butter to nish the custard.
- Remove the raisins from the bourbon, reserve the bourbon for the bourbon sauce, add the raisins to the bowl with the bread cubes, and toss.
- Pour the custard over the bread cubes and mix lightly to coat the bread cubes in the custard.
Spray a 7-in. springform pan with cooking oil and pour the bread cubes and custard into the pan. Gently press
down on the bread cubes to help it absorb the custard.
- Place the Inner Pot in the Power Quick Pot.
- Pour the water into the Inner Pot, cover the pan with foil, and lower the pan into the Inner Pot.
- Place the Lid on the Power Quick Pot and turn the Lid counterclockwise. The Lid will lock and the Pressure Release Valve will close.
- Press the Pressure Button and then the Program Dial to con rm the Custom setting. Press the Program Dial to con rm the default setting and begin the cooking cycle (30-min. cooking time).
- When the timer reaches 0, the Power Quick Pot will automatically switch to Keep Warm. Press the Cancel Button to Cancel. Let the Power Quick Pot sit to naturally release pressure. Then, slide the Steam Release Switch to the Open position. When the steam is released, remove the Lid.
- Remove the pan from the Inner Pot and let the pudding sit in the covered pan for 5 mins. before removing the foil and removing the pudding.
- Cut the pudding into wedges, pour the bourbon sauce over the wedges, and serve with the whipped cream and sliced strawberries.