Au Gratin Potatoes
Copper Chef Wodner Cooker
2white onions, sliced
8medium-sized Yukon potatoes (about 2 lb), scrubbed
1 quartHeavy Cream
1 tablespoonDijon mustard
1 teaspoonground black pepper
1sprig rosemary, chopped, plus more for garnish
8 slicesSwiss Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Place the onions and the butter in the Wonder Cooker’s Shallow Pan, place on the stove top, and sweat the onions over low heat for about 10 mins.
- Using a mandolin, slice the potatoes into 1/8 -in. rounds.
- Whisk together the cream, mustard, salt, ground black pepper, and rosemary in a bowl to make the cream mixture.
- Shingle half the potatoes over the onions.
- Place 6 Swiss cheese slices over the potatoes.
- Shingle the remaining potatoes over the cheese.
- Carefully pour the cream mixture over the top layer of potatoes.
- Slice the remaining Swiss cheese into squares and scatter evenly over the top.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F until golden brown (about 45 mins.).